How Activated Charcoal is Useful for Health, Beauty and Home?
When it comes to traditional medicine literature, the mention of activated charcoal has been found abundantly. This natural ingredient had been used extensively in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. The main quality of this sooty-black powder is its capacity of absorbing chemicals and organic toxins, which have the capacity of harming the body in an adverse manner. Apart from being used for medicinal purposes, activated charcoal is now used widely for various kinds of health, beauty and home products. It is needless to say that the effects of this natural ingredient are quite strong and positive.
What is actually activated charcoal?
Many buyers of activated charcoal capsule have this question in mind. Many people have a notion that activated charcoal is the same charcoal as the charred wood left after a fire in the fireplace or charcoal which is burnt in the grill. But it is actually not so. There are various substances used in the making of activated charcoal. Some important ones include wood, coal, bamboo or in many places coconut shell. These substances are burnt in absence of oxygen for creating char. High temperature is needed to heat the char. Once done, the char is exposed to some kinds of gases for making it porous. This is done through multi-step process and is done for ‘activating’ the charcoal.
Once the charcoal is activated, the surface area of the molecules increase considerably. This helps the activated charcoal to bind strongly to any substance. It is this adsorption process, which gives activated charcoal its unique strength and power. Activated charcoal is non-toxic, odorless and tasteless in nature. Activated charcoal capsule manufacturers know this science and implement the same in their products for the best benefits.
Activated charcoal for health, home and beauty
The use of activated charcoal is seen quite commonly in various kinds of beauty and home products. Read on to know more on these:
- In toothpowders and toothpastes – Activated charcoal is used in toothpowders and toothpastes to bring in shining and whitening effects. However, using them daily is not recommended as they might be abrasive with overuse. Use it 2-3 days in a week and get sparkling white teeth and fresh breathe. Infact there are special toothpastes and toothpowders which come with this active ingredient and are immensely popular.
- In shampoos – Activated charcoal is being used in shampoos quite commonly nowadays. Impurities and build up on the scalp can be removed with this ingredient. You can either purchase a shampoo which contains activated charcoal or add about ½ teaspoon of activated charcoal powder to the shampoo and wash hair with the same. After gentle scrubbing, wash it with normal water.
- In a face cleanser or face mask – Activated charcoal works wonderfully for removing impurities from the skin. Hence it is used in face cleansers and face masks. There are products which come with activated charcoal added in them already. Otherwise activated charcoal powder can be added in the cleanser or in the face mask and applied on the skin for best results.
- Helps in purifying water – Water might contain various kinds of contaminants and cause diseases and ailments. One way to get rid of these contaminants is by using activate charcoal. Many water filter systems now come with activated carbon technology. The carbon which is used is nothing but activated charcoal. Pure and clean water without any kinds of contaminants is obtained.
- Helps in keeping air clean and purified – The porous structure of activated charcoal helps in getting rid of harmful chemicals, obnoxious odors and allergens present in the air. This is the reason most standard air purifying products contain activated charcoal. If you are thinking of purifying the air in your home, try keeping activated charcoal in small charcoal bags. Just put the bags in the sun once monthly and these will last for many years to come.
- Remedy for poison and toxins – Medical research and studies have shown that activated charcoal is excellent and high effective as a decontaminant for GI tract. This ingredient has the capacity of adsorbing almost 50-60% of toxic substances present in the intestine and stomach. In case of acute poisoning too, activated charcoal is used. The offending substances can be removed even after they get into the bloodstream.
Nowadays, activated charcoal supplements are widely available in the form of tablets and capsules. There are many companies which manufacture the same with increasing demands of the products. Choose from the right activated charcoal capsule suppliers to get the best products.