Best Meal Replacement Bars For Weight Loss [The Complete Guide 2021]
Meal replacement bars for weight loss are becoming very popular among the fitness community. Almost every major nutrition supplement company has introduced its own meal replacement or a protein bar. This is good news for people looking to lose weight and gain muscle. But how will you decide which meal replacement bar is beneficial for you?
I have done the necessary due diligence and listed out five such energy bars. Before buying a meal replacement bar for weight loss, make sure it does not contain soy, gluten, and sugar. However, it is acceptable to consume all three in very low quantity but it is best to avoid them.
You should opt for bars that consist of ingredients essential for weight loss. Whey protein, plant-based protein, omega-6 fatty acids, healthy unsaturated fats are naturally found in a healthy and wholesome meal. Obviously, having these bars every single day as a replacement for a meal will not be ideal as there is no replacement for a home-cooked meal. But they can be a great alternative to a meal.
5 Best Meal Replacement Bars for Weight Loss.
1. Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars
Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars are granola bars made from roasted almonds, peanuts, and toasted coconut. They are one of the best meal replacement bars I have ever had. They make you feel full and get digested very slowly. I won’t call them protein bars as they consist of an excellent mix of all the essential ingredients that you normally find in a meal.
Other meal replacement bars available in the market are great but they don’t have the perfect combination of proteins, fats, carbs, and dietary fiber. Hence, you don’t feel bloated after eating Nature Valley Protein Chewy Bars. To get excellent results, you can eat this bar before or after your workout. You can also eat it as a pick me up in the afternoon period.
- REAL INGREDIENTS: Granola bars are made with roasted almonds, peanuts and toasted coconuts
- PROTEIN SNACK BAR: A quick and natural energy boost and a good source of protein
- SWEET & CHEWY: Filled with nuts and flavored with toasted coconut for a delicious chewy snack with a satisfying crunch
- PERFECTLY PORTABLE: Easy, wholesome bites for breakfast, snack time or an on-the-go invigorating treat
- BOX CONTAINS: Bulk packs of 6 boxes, each with 5 individual bars (Total of 30 individual bars)
2. BSN Protein Crisp Bar by Syntha-6
The next meal replacement bar for weight loss is by the fitness industry giant BSN Syntha-6. They are popular amongst bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts for their high-quality whey protein powder. Each bar provides 230-240 calories and 20 grams of real protein made from whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and milk protein concentrate.
This may be the right meal replacement bar as it does contain 4 grams of sugar. Sugar adds taste to the bar as it is made from whey which is not very well known for its taste. Moreover, this bar is available in several flavors like Chocolate Crunch, Vanilla Marshmallow, Peanut Butter Crunch and Mocha.
- GLUTEN FREE, 230-240 CALORIES PER BAR – help fuel your body with this macro-friendly protein bar
- PREMIUM PROTEIN BLEND –20g blend of protein-packed whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and milk protein concentrate
- 4G SUGAR OR LESS – satisfy your sweet-tooth while taking in 2-4g of sugar
- UNIQUE CRUNCHY TEXTURE – sink your teeth into a light, yet satisfying crispy textured protein bar
- EASY SNACK OPTION – convenient enough to travel anywhere you go to support your health and fitness goals while on the go
3) Luna protein chocolate chip cookie dough
Luna Protein bar is a flavorful meal replacement bar for weight loss and muscle gain. Each bar consists of 12 grams of protein along with some essential amino acids. The bar contains around 190 calories which can make you feel full. Its awesome taste helps curb hunger and makes it easy to avoid junk food.
One downside of this bar is that it contains soy. Actually, this is the reason why it tastes so creamy but I hope they also make bars without soy. I feel like, Luna Protein Bar can be a great mid-afternoon snack. The great chocolate taste will wake you up and keep you active when most of the people are feeling sleepy.
- This item will no longer be available on Amazon soon. To find your new favorite, please look for our Luna Bars Variety Pack or try our NEW Cherry and Tangerine with prebiotics!
- PROTEIN NEVER TASTED SO GOOD: Ditch those chalky bars and take a moment to indulge in LUNA Protein's chocolatey, nougaty goodness
- 12g COMPLETE PROTEIN: 12g of high-quality protein keeps the “hangries” at bay while providing all of the essential amino acids your body needs
- 170–190 calories PER BAR: LUNA Protein is a nutritious snack bar with 12g of complete protein packed into 170-190 calories
- Low Glycemic, Gluten Free, and non-GMO: Let’s face it, we just don’t have time to be hangry and tired all day. That’s why LUNA Protein is low glycemic, gluten free, and completely non-GMO
4) Clif Builder’s protein bar
Clif Builder’s Protein bar comes with 20 grams of protein along with essential amino acids to give you endless energy. It has a delicious chocolaty taste which helps satisfy your cravings for junk food like burgers and fries. Clif Builder’s Protein bar can be easily carried to work and consumed as a midday snack. Instead of wasting your money on unhealthy food, have a tasty and healthy Clif Builder’s Protein bar.
Each bar contains 270 Calories, 29 total Carbohydrates, and 6 grams of saturated fats. It also contains micro-nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Thiamin, Iron and Calcium. To keep them in top-notch condition, it is recommended to store them in the freezer. Particularly if you wish to carry them to work or gym.
- Chocolate and protein don’t get any cooler than this tasty, well-earned reward
- NEW LOOK. SAME 20g PROTEIN: CLIF Builders protein bars have a bold new look. If the amazing new designs aren’t in your delivery, they will be soon
- ENERGY FOR WORKING OUT OR WORKING HARD: 20g of complete protein with essential amino acids to help build and repair muscles whether you’re in the gym or on the job
- FAVORITE FLAVORS FOR THE WIN: CLIF Builders protein bars have newly designed wrappers, but we didn’t change any flavor. They remain a tasty choice for anyone looking for a protein boost with a winning texture
- HIGH-QUALITY INGREDIENTS: CLIF Builders protein bars are now gluten free. That’s right, and they’re made from non-GMO and low-glycemic-index ingredients for prolonged levels of energy
Meal Superfood Slam by Probar is another meal replacement bar for weight loss. It is gluten-free and soy-free. Probar is best for people who are lactose intolerant as it contains plant-based 10 grams of protein in each bar. In addition, it contains 6 grams of dietary fiber from chia seeds and flax seeds. These seeds are also a rich source of omega-6 fatty acids.
What makes it one of the best meal replacement bars is the fact that it consists of 360 calories per bar. This bar can be easily eaten in the morning, or evening without worrying about muscle loss. Moreover, organic oats, organic nuts, and organic seeds are also included in this power-packed meal replacement bar.
- GLUTEN-FREE AND SOY-FREE: Safe, sustainably-sourced ingredients provide the benefits of a gluten- and soy-free diet
- 10g PROTEIN AND 6g FIBER (See Nutrition Information on package for total fat and saturated fat content.): Energy from PLANT-BASED protein and fiber from CHIA and FLAX SEEDS keep you moving whether at work or adventuring
- 370 CALORIES: A clever mix of NATURAL ingredients work to provide healthy energy and a quick, filling meal on-the-go
- REAL INGREDIENTS: Made-With Natural Oats, Nuts, and Seeds so you can feel good knowing you are feeding your body with safe nutrients
- NON-GMO PROJECT VERIFIED: All PROBAR products are Non-GMO Project Verified.
To reiterate, these meal replacement bars are not to be considered a permanent replacement for healthy home cooked food. They are great when you don’t have access to a good meal. Along with them, you could also have fruits like banana or apple to fulfil your daily caloric needs.
You can also have a protein bar immediately after their workout. Whey protein gets absorbed quickly in the bloodstream and helps you build lean muscle. Most of the meal replacement bars listed above does not have any side effects. However, some of them may leave a chalky aftertaste in your mouth.