Best Suction Grab Bars for Bathroom 
Are you looking for extra support while you shower in your bathroom? Suction grab bars work really well in bathrooms where the wall is covered with tiles or fiberglass. An elderly person can hold onto them while they bathe or when they are about to stand up from a seated position in the bathtub. Without these, they will have to hold on to the tap or use the slippery bathroom wall for support. Both of these methods can lead to dangerous injuries.
Suction grab bars are not strong enough to withhold the entire weight of a person. They are mere additional handles in your bathroom which can be attached or removed at will. Permanent support handles are very reliable but they require you to drill in the wall. This may not be possible if you stay in a rented house or a nursing home. Moreover, you can also carry these on tours and vacations.
5 Best Suction Grab Bars for the Bathroom in 2022
These suction grab bars by Changing Lifestyles are to be used in the bathroom. The suction cup can be attached to any smooth and non-porous surface in your bathroom or bedroom. They can be easily attached and installed by an elderly person themselves. All they have to do is press the tab levers to securely attach it to a flat surface. Keep in mind that Changing Lifestyles Safe-er-Grip does not work on textured surfaces.
Before attaching Safe-er-Grip, make sure the walls are clean and dry. The handle will detach itself if there is moisture on the wall before attaching it. After drying the surface, push the handles on the wall with plenty of force and lock the levers. The handles stay in place for about 2-3 weeks. It comes off after that due to the moisture coming from the shower.
- Note: This is a suction cup device and as such must be applied to smooth, flat, non-porous surfaces, cannot cover grout lines and will not work on textured surfaces. Must be reattached before each use, and cannot hold full body weight
- Simply press the tab levers to securely attach
- Can be used on shower walls too. Shower safety bar has textured rubber for enhanced grip
- Easy to install and remove just flip the tabs
- Tile needs to be smooth and non-porous.
Suction grab bars by Moen LR2308W are used in the bathroom to assist an elderly or an injured person to maneuver freely while they bathe. A knee or ankle injury can cause severe mobility issues and they need to be extra careful in the bathroom covered with a slippery surface. Moen LR2308W Home Bathroom Hand Grip is also great for overweight and obese people.
Keep in mind that an overweight person cannot put all their weight in the handles. The handles get attached on tiles or fiberglass, so they should only be used for support while you get up from a seated position in the bathroom. Most homeowners get permanent safety handles in their bathrooms but if you are staying in a rented house, then these suction grab bars are a great alternative to them.
- COOL WHITE: Glacier White finish coordinates with many shower walls
- SUPPORTIVE DESIGN: Suction installation for balance assistance; For balance assist only and not for weight leverage
- SIZE: 12-inch bar length
- PEACE-OF-MIND: Designed for hassle-free installation
- BUILT TO LAST: Backed by Moen’s Limited Warranty
Suction grab bars by Carex can be easily installed and removed without much effort or hassle. Stability wise, they are much better than other suction grab bars on the market as they have a dual locking system in the suction cups. Moreover, they have also provided color changing indicators so that you will know whether the bar is locked or not. Carex Suction Shower Grab Bar can be installed in the bathroom in your house, hotel rooms, and nursing homes.
This can be a perfect gift for seniors, children, or for anyone who has just returned home from surgery. Moreover, the user doesn’t need to be an expert to use these. They just have to notify you when the suction indicator turns red. Once this happens, you have to attach the handles again until the indicator becomes green. This suction grab bars work on any smooth surface such as a tile or fiberglass.
- INSTALL & REMOVE EVERYWHERE YOU GO: Our suction shower grab bar features dual locking suction cups for increased stability & color-changing indicators to show when the bar is locked. Compact and lightweight for ease in travel & install in hotel rooms or guest bathrooms.
- EXTRA STRONG AND SAFE: The 12" Ultra Grip shower handle assists users in safely entering or leaving the bathtub or shower. The ultra strong, dual locking suction cups provide a secure hold mounted to any smooth, flat, and non-porous surface, for safety and support you can rely on.
- TOOL-FREE INSTALLATION: Easy to install and uninstall, the Carex Ultra Grip grab bar can be installed and removed without the use of tools. No tools, no fuss.Material:Plastic
- PERFECT GIFT: Carex shower grab bar is ideal gift for seniors, elderly, handicaps and toddlers, showing that you care about their safety. Moreover, it is suitable for everyone who needs an extra support in slippery areas or has a problem with stability.
- WORKS ON MOST SURFACES: Shower grab bar works on most bath and shower surfaces, including shower tile and fiberglass. For best results, install the suction shower grab bar on a smooth surface.
Suction grab bars by DMI come with a 180-degree swivel mechanism for flexible usage. Like Carex, DMI also comes with a suction indicator. A red dot means the handles are not attached properly. In this case, you have to reattach the handles and watch the indicator until it becomes green.
One unique thing about DMI shower grab bars is that it turns 180 degrees. This allows you to stick it to the smaller tiles too. It’s not a great idea to attach two suction cups of the same handle to two different tiles. Moreover, once you attach the handles to the tile or fiberglass surface, you don’t have to worry about it for the next two weeks. It sticks to the surface really well.
- SHOWER GRAB BAR EASILY ADDS SAFETY AND STABILITY to your bath and shower. Your suction cup grab bar features a 180 degree swivel mechanism for great versatility and a secure customized fit.
- CONVENIENT SAFETY COLOR INDICATOR tells you when it's secure as the indicator changes from red to green to signify when the grab bar is securely attached to the wall. Easy!
- SIMPLE NO TOOL EASY ASSEMBLY as your bathroom safety grab bar is super easy to install, saving you time.19.25 inch in length
- SHOWER GRAB BAR GIVES YOU STABLE ASSISTANCE getting in and out of your shower or bath, and measures 24 inches.
- WARRANTY AND GUARANTEE: Amazon Exclusive Limited warranty may apply. Please see product for additional details. NOTE: we can only guarantee the quality of this product when sold through Amazon.com or Brazos Walking Sticks.
Suction grab bars by Vive are backed by an unconditional 60-day money-back guarantee. You are not risking anything by going for these bars. Plus, there are thousands of people who have left a five-star review on popular online stores like Amazon. Vive suction grab bars have become a necessity for elderly people who have problems with balancing their body while they shower.
This bar is recommended by caregivers all over America for elderly people with mental health issues like dementia. People with dementia have a short memory and they only pay attention to things that are in their sight. These suction grab bars will be of great help for them who have difficulties with bathing alone due to the fear of falling or slipping on the floor.
- PLEASE NOTE: This is a suction cup device and this device will not work on a porous surface such as fiberglass. The device must be applied to smooth, flat, non-porous surfaces. It CANNOT be applied over grout lines and will not work on textured surfaces. We also recommend reapplying the grab bar once a week. It CANNOT support your full body weight.
- STURDY AND SECURE: Strong suction cup design only works on any non-porous, flat surface, including tile, glass, acrylic and metal. Provides a little extra stability when entering and exiting the tub or shower
- SIMPLE TOOL-FREE INSTALLATION: Grab bar is easy to install or remove from the tub or shower walls with locking latches to secure bar in place. For additional convenience, each latch has a color indicator for ensuring a safe and secure installation. A green display means the grab bar is secure and ready for use. Red will be displayed if the seal is not airtight. User must also be able to apply 10lbs of pressure to ensure they can use device clamps.
- COMFORTABLE, NON SLIP GRIP: Textured, contoured rubber provides a comfortable non slip grip, perfect for the injured, elderly and toddlers. The underside of the handle features molded finger grips for additional safety and security. Space created by gently curving from the wall or tub is a generous 3.25” leaving ample room for fingers to grasp the handle securely.
- EASY TO ADJUST POSITION ON TUB OR SHOWER: Lift tabs allow the grab bar to be repositioned easily. Adjust the height on the shower wall, change to the side of the tub and even take it with you when traveling for a safe bath or shower anywhere. The grab bar will not harm surfaces when installed and used properly.
An elderly person with physical or mental disability bathing alone in a bathroom can lead to a fall or a slip. They can injure their head or other delicate body parts. To avoid this situation. You can get them suction grab bars for their bathroom. You can help them understand how it works as installing them on the wall is not so complicated. Ask them to regularly check the suction indicator and also not to put their entire weight in the handles.